If anyone is curious why I got out of the Marine Corps, just watch some of the characters in the HBO series “Generation Kill.” That dumbass Sgt Maj and the “self-righteous” Lt Col. is exactly what I experienced in Iraq. Except our Sgt Maj was a black man that should have stayed a drill instructor his entire career and our Lt Col. was a decorated USMC Generals son. In order for me to get some resentments off of my chest, I have decided to go all the way to the top and ask Donald “Duck” Rumsfield some questions. To those who say, “why not President Bush,”I suggest you watch Oliver Stone’s movie “W,” where I believe President Bush was accurately played out to be a scapegoat (Not stupid, just very naive). We all have friends that are smart individuals, but extremely gullible. That was my impression of our former president, when I met him (above).
So here we go Donny, boy:
1) Did you tell the President that we were invading a country in the desert in “Woodland Camo” MOP suits?
2) Did you make sure all of the grunts had proper night vision (batteries, too) and body armor?
3) Did you tell him that Marines would be driving on the front lines in Humvee’s with no doors, while the Air Force “chilled out” in the rear with vehicles that had armor installed and bullet proof glass?
4) Did you tell the him that if we let all the bad guys go, because we were unprepared logistically for 100,000 + prisoners of war, that there was a pretty good chance that they would come back and kill our buddies the next year?
5) Final question: Did you have a “f#%king” clue how to run this war?
Wait, wait! I know this one: “No way!” I read Tommy Franks book, and I believe he was irresponsible and way too busy trying to please his fellow Texan President. YOU, sir, should have made sure all of these basic needs were met. However, you did not! Therefore, I hope Oliver North covers you on his “Military blunders” show someday, but until then, thanks for nothing. This day (Memorial Day) is about remembrance and I wish I could waterboard you until you could remember all of the names of the men that died under your “failed” leadership. Have a nice life! By the way, when is your book, entitled “I Suck,” coming out?